Thursday, January 12, 2012

I'm new to the world of rock and roll?

Me and my friends love any and every genre of rock, but were shooting fir our favorite, heavy metal, we got together and like to call ourselves a band but only one of us is experienced and I'm wondering what are the fundamentals of creating a song. Like where to start weather from the drums guitar or the lyrics. Anybody wants to give me a 101 on being in a band lol?I'm new to the world of rock and roll?
Hi there - congrats.



I've been doing it on and off since I was 12. It's good that you get involved in these things, and you never know what the outcome could be.



The experience will come, there are some good youtube videos out there in instrument tuition. I use them frequently. As far as fundimentals go to writing a song. Theres just basics, if you tried to break it down mechanically, song writing would become dull....... it needs to be inspired and inspiration cannot be forced, it has to be natural.



Some basics for you:

Try to relate to common problems that people have in their lives



Simplicity can be the best option



Make something memorable. Repition helps with riffs.



Melodies are Key, focus on these



Don't sing it if your hearts not in it. You can fake playing guitar and drums - pretending to enjoy music however with the voice it's different, people can tell and you won't get a way with it.



There are different ways round to making music, sometimes i start with a drum beat and build around that groove. Other times it's a guitar riff that sparks the inspiration and othertimes I try to hard to write lyrics and lose focus on what the key message within the song really is.



I hope this help you a bit. Good LuckI'm new to the world of rock and roll?
no.

No comments:

Post a Comment